HR Program Specialist
Job Title: HR Program Specialist Department: Human Resources
Reports to: HR Director Status: Nonexempt
The human resource program specialist ensures that human resource programs are successfully planned, executed, and followed up on. This position performs professional work of various degrees of difficulty overseeing a range of administrative functions related to human resource management, employee development and customer service. This position also acts as the primary back up for the HR Generalist duties.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Plans, directs and administers various human resource programs.
- Writes and revises job classification specifications.
- Researches, analyzes data and prepares reports on HR trends, new HR project suggestions and current program goals and progress.
- Develops, reviews and revises program policies and procedures.
- Provides advice and counsel to department heads, managers and staff on updating and interpreting programs.
- Represents the department with the board, related agencies and the public.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of state and federal labor laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of human resource management dynamics of employee development and professional growth, and training program design and presentation.
- Ability to compose and present comprehensive reports.
- Ability to plan, organize and present training activities to diverse employee groups.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in in human resources or a related field and four years of human resource experience; or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
“Centrinex prides itself on teamwork and beating the expectations of our clients. Employees will likely be asked from time to time to work hours or ad hock projects outside of their normal assignments”.
Centrinex is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law. We E-Verify, background & credit check.